1. Warranties are available for all goods supplied to UK mainland addresses and will be the warranty selected by you at the point of ordering. No other warranty will be given. No warranty will be given for refurbished or second hand goods unless this is specifically confirmed in writing at the point of ordering. Any warranty will only be valid from the date of delivery and provided that the goods have been installed, serviced and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer`s specification and used in accordance with the manufacturer`s instructions. When a product is sold with a “back to base” warranty it is the responsibility of the customer to return the goods at their own expense.
2. Any warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or where the goods have not been used for the purpose for which they were intended by the manufacturer.
3. Rexmartins guarantees all goods supplied to UK mainland addresses (except refurbished or second hand goods in respect of which there is no warranty unless this is confirmed in writing) against defective parts and workmanship for a period of 12 months (or such period as is confirmed in writing by us) from the date of delivery provided that the goods have been installed, serviced and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer`s specification and used in accordance with the manufacturer`s instructions. When a product is sold with a “Back to Base” warranty it is the responsibility of the customer to return the equipment to rexmartins. If the equipment is found to be covered under warranty, subject to the applicable terms & conditions, rexmartins will arrange for the equipment to be repaired and returned.
4. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or where the goods have not been used for the purpose for which they were intended by the manufacturer. This warranty will not apply if the goods have been altered, damaged, misused or disassembled or if any of the seals have been broken or tampered with or where the goods have been damaged by smoke, fire or water. This warranty will also be void if the breakdown is due to lime scale.
5. Unless otherwise stated, ex display and second hand or refurbished goods are sold as seen and no warranty in respect of such goods (if given) will extend to scratches, dents, corrosion or colour fluctuations.
6. Warranty Inspections In the event of a failure or breakdown of the goods supplied within the warranty period you must inform us as soon as you become aware of the defect or failure and in any event before the expiry of the warranty period. Rexmartins will not accept responsibility for any defect or failure of the goods notified after the expiry of the warranty period whenever the defect or failure occurred.
7. Rexmartins will arrange for our authorised engineer to inspect the goods within 14 days of notification. Inspections will take place between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday only.
8. Our authorised engineer will advise you whether or not the defect or failure notified falls under the terms of this warranty. If the defect or failure does not fall within the terms of this warranty you will be invoiced by us for our authorised engineer`s call out fee. If you then instruct our authorized engineer to carry out the repairs advised you will be responsible for the payment of the authorised engineer`s fee and in addition all charges for parts and labour. Rexmartins will not accept any responsibility for the cost of any repairs not covered by the terms of this warranty.
9. We reserve the right to require a debit or credit card or other payment in advance before arranging a warranty inspection. The payment will be refunded if the fault is covered by warranty but we will retain the payment if the fault or defect is not covered by warranty or the fault has been caused by incorrect installation, damage, misuse or lack of maintenance including descaling and cleaning.
10. If the defect or failure of the goods falls within the terms of this warranty we will repair the goods or replace them at our discretion.
11. All inspections and repairs carried out during the warranty period must be carried out by an engineer authorised by us. Any work carried out by anyone other than an authorised engineer will immediately invalidate this warranty whether or not the fault or defect would otherwise be covered by the terms of this warranty and rexmartins will accept no responsibility in respect of any changes for labour, parts or repairs carried out by anyone other than our authorised engineer.
12. This warranty is personal to the original purchaser of the goods and is not transferable.
13. Rexmartins will not under any circumstances accept any liability or responsibility for any loss of goods, trade, product or any other consequential loss which might arise out of or as a result of any defect or failure of the goods supplied.
14. Rexmartins will not under any circumstances accept any liability for call out charges or for charges for repairs where no fault has been found with the goods supplied or where the fault is not covered by this warranty or where the call out charge or repair charges are submitted by anyone other than our authorised engineer.
15. Nothing in this warranty will serve to increase or extend the warranty given to rexmartins by the manufacturer of the goods supplied and rexmartins liability under this warranty is limited in scope and extent to the terms of the warranty given to us by the manufacturer of the goods supplied.
16. Warranties for gas powered goods installed into a mobile catering outlet, such as, but not limited to, a catering trailer are supplied on a parts only basis.