Warranty and service
All rexmartins catering equipment is guaranteed against defective workmanship, faulty components and material for a period of 12 months from the point of installation, or 14 months from the date of despatch from our premises, whichever is the earlier, and for a further period of 12 months, limited to the replacement of components only.
This warranty policy applies only to products that have been installed in mainland UK.
Any products supplied for installation in a mobile catering unit, non-mainland UK, offshore or marine application will carry a parts-only warranty.
The product must be installed by an authorised dealer or a suitably qualified contractor.
This warranty does not cover installation or the costs of correcting incorrectly installed products.
Supplied services (gas, electricity and water) should meet the specification of the equipment and conform to current regulations. Gas pressure must meet the specification in the installation manual.
Only engineers authorised by rexmartins Limited are authorised to carry out warranty work on rexmartins products. Work carried out on equipment by others will not be covered under this Any damage caused by unauthorised work on the products will be excluded from cover under this warranty.
Warranty calls are made between 08:030 and 17.00, Monday to Friday.
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure there is access to the equipment to carry out repairs. Waiting time and abortive calls will be charged to the customer.
All rexmartins products should be cleaned o a regular basis and serviced at least once per year by a competent engineer.
Faults arising from the lack of maintenance or cleaning, or as a result of incorrect maintenance or cleaning methods, are excluded from this warranty.
All products should be cleaned on a regular basis. Damage caused by spillage or accumulation of oil, grease and food debris is excluded from the scope of this warranty.
Rexmartins products are designed to be operated by professionally trained commercial catering operatives. The customer is responsible for providing training to staff. Any warranty calls found to be a result of customer misuse will be charged to the customer.
Faults arising due to any of the following causes are excluded from the scope of this warranty and will be charged to the customer.
- Gas products supplied for use on natural gas or propane and connected to the incorrect type.
- Gas products connected to a supply with incorrect gas pressure.
- Electric products connected to an incorrect supply voltage or phasing.
- Products connected to water supply with incorrect pressure or water hardness, or without the installation of a suitable softener or filter.
- Inadequate replacement of water filters.
- Inadequate drainage, blocked drains or drainage pipework not conforming to local authority regulations.
- Use of third party cleaning chemicals instead of rexmartins original products, such as cleaning chemicals for combination ovens.
- Gas, water and electrical supply external to the products.
- Services external to the products, such as but not limited to: hoses, pipework, gas valves, mains cables, fuse boards and isolators.
- Any discoloration caused by heat, including discoloration to hob tops.
- Light bulbs and lens covers.
- Ceramic burners where damaged by misuse.
- Door, drawer and cabinet seals.
- Resetting or adjustment of thermostats or safety devices where no other fault exists.
- Lubrication of gas valves.
- Lubrication and adjustment of door catches or other moving parts.
- Cleaning of burner jets.
- Cleaning or adjustment of pilots and thermocouples.
- Poor combustion resulting from lack of cleaning.
- Correction of gas pressure.
- Renewing electric cable ends.
- Corrosion caused by chemical cleaning agents.
- Where no fault is found by the attending engineer.
- Control knobs, dials and buttons where damage is due to misuse.
- Enamel coatings chipped as a result of impact.
- Chipped or otherwise damaged glass surfaces of induction products unless reported within 24 hours of delivery.